Many conservatives chose to demonize homosexuality but, ignore rules rules for straight sex. Here are some of the rules:
- Kill the non-virgin. Deuteronomy 22:13-21
- Kill the adulterer. Deuteronomy 28:22
- Marry your widowed brother-in-law. Deuteronomy 25: 5-10
- No sex with menstruating women. Leviticus 18:19
- No adultery. Lots of places, including Genesis 20: 14 and Deuteronomy 5:18, both which are considered the 10 Commandments; and Leviticus 18:20, Mark 10:19
- No divorce. Mark 10:2-12
- Cut off your wife’s hand if she touches another’s genitals. Deuteronomy 25:11-12
- No Coitus Interuptus (withdrawing before climax). Genesis 38:7-9
- Polygamy and concubines are okay. Exodus 21:10; Deuteronomy 21:15-17 David and Saul had multiple wives, and some Mormons argue at length that the Bible supports polygamy.
Of course, there are some conservative Christians who follow all of those rules. But there are many more who choose not to.
Even conservative Christians choose what they wish to follow in the Bible.
They could choose not to be homophobic.