Love is not a sin.
But judging others is.
- “Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.” Romans 2:1
Some people uncomfortable with same-sex love say that if men love men or women love women then anything goes, such as people being with animals or pedophiles with children.
How insulting to say that the person you love is the same as an animal or oppressive sexual violence.
It might be helpful to remember quotes from the Bible:
- “Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13:7-8
- “…God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.” John, 4:18
What can you do if people say they love the sinner but hate the sin?
- Well… you can’t change a person who doesn’t want to change.
- But you can love them back and love yourself and know that no matter what they say, you are loved.