Even if one chooses to believe the homophobic arguments about the Bible, it seems clear that condemning homosexuals is not nearly as important as helping people who are poor or down-trodden.
- The Bible mentions poverty more than 2,000 times.
- Same sex issues are mentioned just a few times, many which are not about homosexuality but are the misleading words of homophobic translators.
- Jesus himself never mentions same-sex issues.
Many Christians ask, “What would Jesus do?”
- The answer seems much closer to feeding the hungry and doing one’s part to alleviate world poverty.
- Above all, over and over again, Jesus tells us to love.
“The whole law is fulfilled in one word: love your neighbor as yourself.” Glatians 5:1